Speaking Engagement – Risky Business – Managing Risk Today for Tomorrow’s Uncertainty – Hosted by the CFA Society of New York
his event will focus on the risk management frameworks for financial service s companies. There are multiple layers of risk, several regulatory bodies that define risk, and executives that have their own risk appetite. The purpose of the discussion is to explore how different firms of different sizes identify, measure, monitor, and control risk. This discussion will also highlight the importance of risk to investors and how to navigate investors view of risks versus their own.
– How/when to use risk appetite statements
– Developing and managing the control environment
– Key Risk Indicators – what they, how do you use them, and how do they differ from Key Performance Indicators
– Development and importance of risk assessments
– The role that company size and culture plays in the way a firm views risk
Features, Benefits, Values
This event will help members an dot hers gain insight into how different firms define risk and how they go about managing it as part of their day – to-day business. The audience should walk away with an under standing of how/when risk appetite statements are developed, examples of how control environments are managed, what/what kind of Key Risk Indicators are used to monitor risk, and the purpose/importance of risk assessments.